maandag, december 15, 2008

The wild rover

I've been a wild rover for many a year,
and I've spent all my money on whiskey and beer.
but now I'm returning with gold in great store,
and I never will play the wild rover no more.

Chorus
And it's no nay never,
no, nay never no more,
will I play the wild rover,
no never no more.

I went to an ale-house I used to frequent,
and told the landlady my money was spent.
I asked her for credit, she answered me nay,
such customs like yours, I can have any day.

Chorus

I took from my pocket ten silverings bright,
and the landlady's eyes opened wide with delight.
she said I have whiskey and wines of the best,
and the words that were spoken, were only in jest.

Chorus

I went to my parents, confessed what I'd done,
and I asked them to pardon their prodigal son.
And as they caressed me as oft' times before,
I never will play the wild rover no more.

Chorus

Geen opmerkingen: